Sunday, November 30, 2014

Jess's Review for Lost Until You by JR Grant

Lost Until YouLost Until You by J.R. Grant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

BUT before I say anything else I just need to say...I was not expecting that at all!

Jazz and Brax are happily married; they have a daughter, a beautiful home, careers they love and enjoy, but mostly they have this fierce and amazing love for each other. Everything seems perfect, until it all goes to hell.

Jazz had a rough life before Brax came along. There was nothing good about her past, she never had a home or place in life.

“For the longest time, I was told no one would love someone as worthless as me.” Jazz

Until she met Brax, the one person she never saw herself lucky enough to have. He was her happily ever after, the one who made her dreams come true, the one who loved her just as much as she loved him.

“He completed me in every way imaginable.” Jazz

Brax had a normal life, brothers, cousin, family and friends. Something about Jazz grabbed him and didn’t let go. He has made it his mission to make sure that her every wish is granted because he loves her so much that anything less is not acceptable.

“She captured my soul, stole my heart, and somehow turned me into fucking mush.” Brax

“No matter how near or far you are, you will always own my heart. You’re it for me, baby. Always and forever.” Brax


So what happens when a completely unexpected turn of events shatters their world? Literally it was throws it into turmoil and makes them question everything?

“I didn’t understand how you could have everything one minute, and then in a blink of an eye, it would all be gone. But what I did know was that I couldn’t let my family be torn apart.”

I enjoyed how this was a dual POV book because you get to see what is happening to both Jazz and Brax after the ax is thrown into their marriage. But you also got to see how they really felt about each other, in their own words. You see how they both deal with their devastation. There are unexpected twists and turns you never see coming and you keep guessing until the end. The mystery is what I enjoyed the most about this book, that you couldn’t figure out what was going to happen or where it was going to go. I found myself re-reading things just to make sure I read it right.

There were some things that I did not enjoy as much, at times it became repetitive. Jazz became more dramatic while Brax became more explosive and at times their personalities were a little much. I also found myself getting impatient, I wanted answers and I wanted them sooner than they were given.

I do look forward to the next book though and can’t imagine where in the world Ms. Grant will go next.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment