Thursday, July 30, 2015

Jess's Review ~ Tattered on My Sleeve by Autumn Jones Lake

Tattered on My Sleeve (Lost Kings MC, #4)Tattered on My Sleeve by Autumn Jones Lake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

This is my first book in the Lost Kings' series and not likely to be my last. This could be read as a stand-alone but you know there is another story playing out behind the scenes.

Wrath, Wyatt, Wrecking Ball is a big bad alpha. He's the club's sergeant at arms, the enforcer and he doesn't take any crap from anyone. Then he is brought to his knees by the pretty girl serving drinks.

Trinity, Angel Face is a lost and broken soul. She doesn't know what love is, she doesn't know her worth. She is captivated by this big and gorgeous biker and has literally no idea what to make of it.

For a few days things are perfect and it takes it them both by surprise and then everything goes to shit.

For eight years these two hurt each other. Trinity is taken up the place she thinks she is supposed to in the club. She keeps the house and the men taken care of. While Wrath stews in his own foolishness and attempts to get back at Trinity. These two are downright nasty to each other and then we get to see how their demise unfolds.

This is a long journey from something, to nothing, to maybe something, to nothing, to a chance again. Trinity and Wrath had spent so much time hurting each other that you don't think there is ever going to be a chance for them. They both have issues, Trinity's are deep set scars on her soul that are not easily fixed. Wrath has scars too and life had hardened him. But underneath that hard and rough exterior he only has eyes for Trinity. While not always making the smartest of moves or saying nearly the right things, he loves her in his own way.

To say their story was exasperating at times is an understatement. They drove me crazy but I couldn't look away. There are also a number of other side stories that I hope develop into something down the road. Trinity came a long for me in this book and Wrath just has my heart. Their attraction and chemistry were intense but their damning pasts and constant hurting of each other kept getting in the way.

This was a long tale and in the end I felt like it wasn't even over. I am definately interested to see where things go so I will be on the look-out for what is next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment