Monday, August 10, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Execution Style by Lani Lynn Vale

Execution Style (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #4)Execution Style by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Where love and protection go hand in hand….

I love this author and this series has been on the top of my TBR since book one. Strong, protective, alpha males with smart, independent women by their side have stories to match their unique personalities. With family and friends surrounding them and humour, love and danger dogging their every step, these characters inhabit a world I seriously just want to pick up and move to.

The opening scenes of this installment had my heart firmly in my throat. An act of violence would be the last thing they wanted to bring them together but it did. Mercy Shepherd survived and looked to Miller Spurlock, her SWAT rescuer, for safety and comfort in the aftermath. They had families, friends and coworkers that circled the wagons to provide their love and generous support they needed in the weeks and months ahead. That one act of violence began an incredibly twisted chain of events that would leave havoc and chaos in its wake for not only Mercy and Miller but those they loved. The question would be when, and if, peace would ever return to their lives?

Miller and Mercy were not strangers but the thought of romance, especially now, should be the furthest thing from their minds. In a wonderful twist of fate though they pull together and start their journey to soulmates despite misgivings of their own, let alone others. It sounds surprising given the violence and mayhem that they find themselves in but their love story is as sweet, if not sweeter, because of it. The humour between the characters is a huge part of the series and is never more in evidence than when there is so much darkness to get through.

“I could totally see myself surviving a zombie apocalypse with you. You’d totally be better than Daryl.”

“Back in the day, I used to call them names when someone p***ed me off. Now, I just unfollow them on twitter. That’ll show those m***f****.”


With twists and turns and drama definitely on the high end, this was a “stop everything and don’t stop until you are finished” kind of read.
My new favourite in the series… At least until the next one comes along. Five rollicking, sexy stars!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment