Sunday, September 6, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Begging for Hale by Marie James

Begging for Hale (Hale #2)Begging for Hale by Marie James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

When love is completely off the table, let the games begin!

Alexa Warner and Garrett Hale seem to be in total agreement when it comes to love. Or sex. Have a good time but don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Have fun but that’s it. There will be nothing more than that. Both have happily lived by those rules up until now….

“I almost gag at his sentiment; maybe she has a magical snatch or something.”
“Love. That s*** will ruin a bastard quick!”


They are thrown together as their close circle of friends has spawned at least one love match so far. As the way is cleared for them to explore their attraction, their rules become a slippery slope, for both of them.

“Garrett: I can’t have you falling in love with me, expecting more.
Me: You’re so full of yourself! No worries on my end, but I have to say the same to you.”

“I untie my coat and slip it off my shoulders. “I didn’t come here to drink, Garrett. I came here to f***.””


Alexa is determined to get her man, at least for one night, and it is fun to watch the pursuit, the capture and the… release? Wait, not so fast! As hot as things get between the sheets, and they do get scorching, both are focused on their hook up being nothing more than a one night stand. Perhaps two. Or maybe three…

I think this is the first time I’ve seen a manwhore and womanwhore – in the best sense of the words – butt heads like this and is it ever entertaining. Hot texts, blistering encounters and unexpected tragedy make this a story you will want to savour. Glimpses of Ian and Lorali plus hints on what’s in store for Josie and Kaleb round out this wonderfully sexy and hot read!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment