Sunday, September 20, 2015

Diane's Review ~ A Blast from the Past by Sharon Cummin

A Blast from the Past (A Second Chance Romance)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

If you had a second chance, would you take it?

Olivia has to decide. When Zander moved to their small town when they were teenagers, Livie knew he would be the only man for her but things didn’t turn out the way she thought they would. Zander was back and all those old feelings of hurt and betrayal were back. After all this time though did it really matter? Had anything really changed? They were both going to find out.

I liked this story and Livie and Zander were characters where there was a lot to love. Livie had a dream which she followed through on despite the different path her life had taken. Zander was successful and confident and was generous to those he loved. There were interesting plot twists but things didn’t gel as well as I hoped with awkward sentences and transitions. I had a hard time getting the feels and really embracing the characters as the matter-of-fact-ness of the storytelling held me at a distance. Saying that, however, I was cheering for Livie and Zander all the way through and the ending was oh so sweet.

I really enjoy this author and am looking forward to more.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment