Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Charlie Foxtrot by Lani Lynn Vale

Charlie Foxtrot (Code 11- KPD SWAT, #5)Charlie Foxtrot by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

My new favourite!

I’m not ashamed to admit it. I hear there is a new book in this series and the happy dance starts – wherever I happen to be! Scaring fellow produce shoppers not-withstanding it is a joyful day only made better when the book actually hits my kindle. I devoured this story in one go and I have a new favourite in this latest addition. I know, I know, I say that every time but it’s true! The unique, likable characters, the feeling of camaraderie and family between them all is an enticing mix. When you add in humour, danger and a hint of mystery and, of course, heart-stopping hawtness, you know it has everything.

“I don’t know why people think I’m such a dick. I’m a f***in’ delight to be around.”

The first meeting between Foster and Blake sets the tone as the attraction is instant and so is the sparks as they butt heads from minute one. The dialogue between these two is infectious as the humour flies amidst the smoldering glances and feelings that go beyond friendly.

“Friendship is like p***ing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth. I want someone to be the p*** in my pants.”
“A relationship is made for two. It’s just that some hoe’s don’t know how to count.”


From inappropriate tattoos to beard scruff put to very good use, the surprises and heat keep on coming. As usual, not everything is sweetness and light. Foster is still recovering from a devastating injury and Blake is trying to get past loss herself. Keeping it real, their story had me laughing and crying in equal doses. My only comment, as always, is I never want the story to end!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment