Monday, September 21, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Chelsea by Addison Jane

Chelsea (The Club Girl Diaries #2)Chelsea by Addison Jane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

An MC story that will stay with you….

Chelsea’s life changed completely when she was five years old and she lost her parents. Growing up in the foster care system she quickly learned the art of survival.

“What saved me from turning to drugs or alcohol or just deciding to give up altogether? I ran.”

Chelsea thought she had stopped running and found a new family in the Brothers by Blood motorcycle club. She was a club girl but there was nothing sordid about it. She went to school and they paid the bills as she worked at the club doing what club girls did. With Optimus showing her more than a little interest, her strong feelings for him seemed to be returned. Life was good… until it all went to hell.

“It was at that point that I knew, even with all the shit I’d been through in my life, Optimus was going to be the one to break me.”

I loved this deliciously refreshing take on the motorcycle club lifestyle. It had many of the elements I have come to expect but it also stressed even more than usual the importance of family, loyalty and love. Chelsea was a club girl, yes, but she was so much more than that. She was a sister, a lover, a scholar and someone who was not totally jaded despite the rough childhood she endured. Optimus was as alpha as they come yet showed his fierce, protective side in equal measure. He could be a dumbass, true, but he also had an incredibly tender heart for those he loved. I definitely would want him and his club brothers in my corner! The road for these two was not easy and the bumps at times where incredibly high but I swear everyone in the cast of characters, at least on the ‘good guy’ side, was cheering them on as loudly as I was.

The twists and turns in this story are many as the past and present meet in a complicated, tortuous plot. Surprises around every corner meant this was a ‘don’t stop until you finish’ kind of read. Though Chelsea and Optimus’ story may be done there is an incredible story brewing for Rose and Blizzard. That ending has me at the edge of my seat waiting for it – bring it on now!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment