Thursday, September 10, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Later Than Expected by Catherine Scott

Later Than Expected (Great Expectations, #2)Later Than Expected by Catherine Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Love and family in all its wonder….

Was it accident or fate that matched up travelers Ben Blackbird and Greta Neill? Either way, they met and instantly felt an attraction for each other as they both put aside the “don’t trust a stranger” adage to take a chance. Both had lost their spouses but in entirely different circumstances. The timing may not have been ideal but that didn’t stop their feelings from growing from instant attraction to more.

I enjoyed this story of mature lovers who, no matter what their age, still have to deal with life and family in all its joy and sorrow. Ben and Greta have always been responsible and seeing them lash out and reach for something that is out of their norm is scary and wonderful at the same time. Both have misgivings but given their very different pasts that is understandable. Ben has always had family around him with him being the steady influence for them all while Greta, despite being married for a decade, was used to being independent and making decisions alone.

“You make me feel like I’m sixteen years old. How do you do that?”

I loved all the characters as they gently wormed their way into my heart. I admit to shedding a tear or two at the bittersweet epilogue which made for a perfect ending. This is the second in the series and I will definitely be looking for Leo and Jade’s story to catch up on it all.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment