Friday, September 18, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Uncontrollable by C.A. Harms

Uncontrollable (Key West #3)Uncontrollable by C.A. Harms
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Letting go of the past was the only way….

Avery Nolan had loved Kade Thomas for a long time. They were both part of a circle of family and friends that had them crossing paths for years before Kade suddenly saw Avery in a different light.

“My gosh, you two, just give in already. The heat between you guys is stifling.”

Not realizing that their pasts interconnected in a tragedy that affected him to this day, they finally came together. Unfortunately, it was not so easy for Kade to look into the future. Realizing that his behaviour was going to cause him to lose Avery, Kade had to make changes or he was going to lose it all.

This is the third book in the series and I was really looking forward to Avery and Kade’s story. I liked Avery. She wasn’t going to settle for less than she deserved so was not afraid to walk away from Kade – even if that was the last thing she wanted to do. Kade was completely tied up events of the past, I mean really floundering in guilt to the detriment of any relationship he has ever started. The funny and supportive friends and family are the mainstay to the series and had a wonderful outing here as well. The ending felt abrupt to me but it didn’t take away what really was an emotional and satisfying read.

There’s a glimpse into Jude’s story which I cannot wait for!

Oh, and this? This just made me laugh out loud…

“Do you understand that when you have a boy, you only have one little willy to worry about but when you have a daughter, you have a million little willies to worry about?”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment