Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Chasing Cassidy by D. Kelly

Chasing CassidyChasing Cassidy by D. Kelly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

What would you do if you were left at the altar?

Zachary Stafford does what a man truly in love does, in his opinion. He runs after Cassidy Pope, the love of his life. Friends since they were young children, their love grew only deeper upon a foundation of trust, support and family. That doesn’t mean that everything is perfect, far from it. Despite the closeness between them, and his family, there are cracks just waiting to widen with doubt and insecurity.

“I’ve just made the biggest mistake of my life.”

Zach knows his love and, while disappointed, he was not surprised at what happened. He quickly gathers the facts and “…operation true love is in full swing.”

I LOVED this story. Zach, well… Here is someone who, for the most part, listens with his heart and his head. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of someone who was left at the altar do what he did. He put himself in Cassidy’s shoes and instead of crucifying her for what she did to him he forgave her for what she did to them. He knew everything about her and realized instantly things were complicated. He didn’t let her off the hook though but even then he gave her every opportunity and support he could.

“Only you can make me fall apart, Zach. Only you will ever have my heart.”

A new use for Post-its and a deeper appreciation for real (never fake) drama. Love and family at its best!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment