Sunday, November 15, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Pressing Adalyn by Jenn Hype

Pressing Adalyn (Pretending #1)Pressing Adalyn by Jenn Hype
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Funny, emotional and a pinch of assault - it has it all…

This had the best opening chapter I’ve read in ages! Snarky, funny and hit me right in my bestie-loving heart. After that, I was ready to love this story no matter what and, lucky for me, what followed allowed me to do just that!

The cast of characters were so different that I wondered how they could mesh but they ended up being this mix of opposites that worked incredibly well. Adalyn has her issues – boy, does she ever! At first I had a really hard time connecting with her because, honestly, she seemed like a real bitch. Don’t get me wrong, she was funny and sarcastic (which I LOVE) and I wanted to like her. I did… eventually….

When she first met Ian I was shaking my head and wondering how she could ever win my heart (let alone his). Ian, on the other hand, won me over from the start. Handsome, rich, and sweet - he wore Adalyn down with his charm and his relentless pursuit of the real person behind her crusty exterior.

“If it’s the chase you want, if you want me to work for it, then I will.”

Stacy, Adalyn’s best friend, was sooo funny – horny, hilarious and the best of friends! I wanted to pack her up and take her home with me. She had me in stitches with zingers that had me snorting with laughter so often I was glad I was alone reading. People would have thought I was having seizures or something…

“Apparently b***h slapping me during his climax was okay but me kneeing him in the balls was “crossing the line”…

Along with the frivolity was a steamy romance and some personal history that brought tension and suspense to the mix. The climax/ending was verging on over the top for me but the whole story overall worked.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment