Monday, December 21, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Brilliant Secrets by Dawna Raver

Brilliant SecretsBrilliant Secrets by Dawna Raver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Insta-love but really insta-good…

Aleksandr Azarov Black. The name sounds foreign, mysterious and sexy which matches the man perfectly. When Rylan Archer’s life was falling apart he was suddenly there to save her. What he also did though was provide turmoil and angst, drama like she’d never experienced. Unknown to Rylan, Alek had secrets and they were going to tear her world apart…

This is a romantic suspense story that kept me on the edge of my seat. There are games a foot in the wealthy world of high stakes art and security. I have to admit some of the elements of the plot pushed the realm of realistic for me but, that aside, the story was told well and entertained from start to finish. Alek, from the first, seemed a bit of a man-whore (okay a lot) but things changed quickly when he realized who Rylan was to him and his life.

“In the course of five minutes with the arrival of an auburn-haired beauty, my life had just taken a sharp turn, sending me down a road with not map…”

Rylan was young and, despite her upbringing, did not come across as spoiled or immature. She had a defender but she still needed strength to withstand each stunning blow, including those unexpected evil jabs.

And there was evil in this book…

“The woman was evil incarnate, and I was pretty sure she kept a gang of flying monkeys in the basement…”

While I’m not a fan of insta-love, I truly fell into insta-like with this story and the characters in it. The first read by this author but definitely not my last!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment