Thursday, December 3, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Hawk's Property by Chiah Wilder

Hawk's Property (Insurgents MC, #1)Hawk's Property by Chiah Wilder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Good girl meets bad boy, they both fall in love, cue happily ever after. Well, that’s not quite what happens here. Hawk is definitely a bad boy as the Vice President of the Insurgents motorcycle blub. Cara is a lawyer and always aware of her place in her family, the community and her profession. On the surface, they couldn’t be more different in every way. Under the surface though is where things get interesting…

“But a smoldering darkness lay deep inside her. It was that part of her that held dark, erotic fantasies she could never verbalize.”

Cara is a criminal defense lawyer but she has never met a man like Hawk before. Recommended by a colleague, Hawk and his brothers couldn’t have made it more clear how they felt about women lawyers and women in general, really. This collective mentality may reflect the true feelings of a boys club to females but in this day and age, it certainly gave me pause. Cara is not a wimp though and she is able to hold her own very well, not letting them intimidate her, even when her attraction to Hawk becomes all-consuming.

There were so many elements that made this story fun to read – a great writing style, interesting characters, smexy scenes and action and suspense in abundance. And a twisty twist at the end to make sure we were paying attention. The tension between Cara and Hawk was there though I didn’t feel the romance as much as I wanted to. There was lots of sex but I wished for more feelings and heart. A bit more relationship building, to give me the feeling that this love story was truly a meeting of hearts, would have made it even a better read. I realize this is a book in the MC genre – I’ve read many – but perhaps most of the ones I’ve read have glossed over the negative elements. I had fair warning but the cavalier way women, sex and relationships were treated and regarded by the MC had me pausing more than a few times…

“We only have b****es for p***y.”

This is a full-length novel, the first in the series and I’m looking forward to finding out more about these bad, bad boys…


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment