Thursday, December 3, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Jax's Dilemma by Chiah Wilder

Jax's Dilemma (Insurgents MC, #2)Jax's Dilemma by Chiah Wilder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Their love will need to be strong…

Ahhh… the club I love and yet try hard not to dislike. Like this first in series, the club members’ attitudes toward women haven’t changed yet at the same time there is much to like about them. A close-knit family that looks out for each other, their code of honour is admirable even while the stuff that comes out of the member’s mouths sometimes makes me wonder… a lot! Jax is a perfect example of this Jekyll/Hyde behaviour as his feelings and protectiveness over Cherri seems sincere while he still treats their relationship at times like it is just another in a long string of meaningless encounters.

“I don’t do this ‘one woman’ thing. You’re a good f***, and I’d like to have you in my bed again, but don’t think I’m gonna be pining for your or bring you roses, or s*** like that. I f*** p*****, and that’s about it.”

And right when I think he is a lost cause… he says stuff like….

“I’m listening to you breathe. It’s a lovely sound.”

…and I have to change my mind all over again. Cherri is his “bad” girl and tries, and succeeds often, to portray a tough, “nothing gets to me” attitude. She’s gone through a lot to get where she is and not all the demons she’s facing are in her past.

“You’re the first man I’ve had sex with just for pleasure. I guess that means something.”

This is a full-length novel chock-a-block full once again with club business, sex, tensions, suspense and a roller coaster of a ride romance. The misunderstandings and swings from high to low between Jax and Cherri does get a bit wearing but the story kept me reading to the end. And now I have to find out what happens with Chas. I just have to…


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment