Thursday, December 31, 2015

Jess's Review ~ Never Tied Down by Anie Michaels

Never Tied Down (The Never Duet, #2)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Riddled with self-doubt and mourning, Kalli is trying to move forward with her life. Never reaching for more, just looking to get by. She misses Riot terribly but not interested in doing anything about that. When the opportunity of a life-time falls into her lap it is as if fate has more planned than to have her just standing still.

"Now I know that I was standing still before you, tethered to a good life with Marcus, but never reaching for greatness, never looking for anything more."

Riot was giving her her space, letting her grieve, letting time attempt to heal her wounds and then she is there. In a little coffee shop, in his neck of the woods and her time without him is about to come to an end. If she will talk to him that is.

After reading book one, I have to say I didn't love Kalli. Her self-worth was minimal and even though she had a hard past, some of her actions drove me mad. She redeemed herself for me in book two though, she went through a lot of changes and came out so much stronger on the other side. Riot on the other hand, I loved him. I loved his patience and understanding. He had this way about him that made me smile and hints of dirtiness that made me swoon. I can't say how happy I was to have his POV in this book and the ability to learn more about him.

The second installment came together nicely for me. I enjoyed watching both characters grow and move to a place in their lives where they can achieve all they are meant for. There was a lot of reflection and bittersweetness throughout the story. By losing her whole purpose in life, Kalli had to figure out how to live again and even find the answers to her past hurts. There was also some serious heat and the chemistry between Riot and Kalli that never dwindled and if possible grew more intense. I enjoyed this story and while not my normal, "go-to" type of book it was a nice change to get some "feels" and deeper emotional involvement with the characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment