Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Jess's Review ~ Royal Savage by Victoria Ashley

Royal Savage (Savage and Ink, #1)Royal Savage by Victoria Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

"Royal may be a little rough around the edges, but there's something hiding deep inside, wanting to come out..."

Royal is a little more than rough around the edges. His world was taken away from him and all that is left is little jagged pieces. He lost the only things in life that he cared about and is walking the earth a shell of his former self. Until she walks into his room, a place she should not have been to begin with.

Avalon just needed to pee, at a party her best friend dragged her to and instead of a bathroom she found Royal. All the beautiful, tattooed pieces of him. She is in a relationship that is going no where, living but not really and then she stumbles upon this man who going to give a whole lot more than she bargained for.

Royal Savage...
He's hazardous to my health, mind, and body, yet the only thing that I crave.


Royal is not looking for anything but revenge, there is no room in his heart for anything other than pain and perhaps a one-time thing. But just one taste might not be enough and the emotions that Avalon create might be worse than the rage he carries around with him.

I loved, loved Royal and his friends. They have moments of utter ridiculousness that only true friends can have and their antics made me smile. They also have this unbreakable bond that has stayed strong through the worst of times. Royal's pain and savagery bled through the pages and at times took my breath away. My heart broke for him over and over again. Then there was Avalon, and what a leading lady she was. With her sass and bravery she was the terrific counterpart. She stood tall when faced with heartbreak, she never backed down when pushed and she kicked some serious ass when cornered.

"I need you to feel me...Every part of me, and none of me is good."

This is definitely my favorite Victoria Ashley book so far. The story grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go until the very end. It brought out the full range of emotions and went from scorching hot to brokenhearted in mere pages. I see this is a book one and I can't wait to read what is next of this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment