Sunday, January 31, 2016

Diane's Review ~ Blindsided by T.C. Matson

Blindsided (The Fighter Series #1)Blindsided by T.C. Matson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

When you take a breath and take a chance…

From the start I knew this was going to be an ‘uphill battle’ romance. Not the story itself – the story was funny and sexy with engaging characters – but the actual romance itself. Paige had been hurt before and wasn’t interested in being lied to again. She was beautiful so was used to being hit at the restaurant or when she was bartending. That didn’t mean she fell for every (or any) line that she was fed. Levi was gorgeous but he also seemed to be another player with his practiced patter. She’d heard it all before….

What was unusual though was Levi’s persistence and Paige’s lowered resistance to him. Paige was honest with herself and him – she wasn’t looking for a one-night stand and temporary fling. Levi was honest about his past and his intent to remain unattached. Easy, right? They each go their separate ways, no harm done. Oh, but that would make for a boring plotline, wouldn’t it? And this was definitely not boring.

Levi kept coming back for more even when he was shot down. Repeatedly.

“When I think of Paige, the man stands up and since we text almost every day, I’m a walking woody.”

I admit to smiling more than once over their text messages. Ahh, modern courtship – so sweet!

“He feels good beside me. I feel safe, completed and oddly… cherished.”

While Paige’s preoccupation with the past did seem a bit overdone, the progression of their relationship was spiced up with past lovers and their own insecurities providing twists and conflict that moved the story quickly along. A bit of an abrupt ending – I didn’t realize this was the first in a continuing story – has me eager to find out where these two are headed.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment