Sunday, January 17, 2016

Diane's Review ~ Counter To My Intelligence by Lani Lynn Vale

Counter To My Intelligence (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC, #7)Counter To My Intelligence by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
Oh Silas… sigh….

If you’ve read this series before than you were probably like me and could not wait for Silas’ story! As the leader of the Dixie Wardens MC he has always been there to provide support and/or a kick in the butt when needed. Solid and sexy, he could give the tingles to anyone, regardless of age. And age is one of the obstacles as he is attracted to a woman who he should not be giving a second glance to, his ex-girlfriend’s daughter. This isn’t the only stumbling block but like the other potential problems, Silas couldn’t care less…

“Like I give a f***. I’m old and on the downhill side of dead. I don’t have to please everyone anymore. All I have to please is God and myself…”

Sawyer may be young physically but she really is mature beyond her years. Even though she is trying to get her life back on track she worries the community may not be as accepting. She is having a hard time reconciling everything so it’s not a stretch that others will feel the same. It’s a good thing she has good people at her back…

“Some days are harder than others. But those other days I usually drown myself in wine, so I’m not quite sure if they’re actually easier or if I’m drunk.”

I really enjoyed this story about a woman trying to get her life back on track and a man who would do everything in his power to ensure she got the chance. Sawyer was not looking for a pass, she was taking full responsibility for what had happened. I couldn’t help but admire her strength through it all. Silas acted exactly the way I thought he would – with fierce protectiveness and an “I don’t give a da**” attitude. While there may not have been the same ‘feels’ as in other books in the series there was more than enough heat, drama and intensity for this story to keep me totally satisfied.
I love this series and am so thankful for the day I stumbled upon the Heroes and this author!

Random favorite quote:
“I love food. But I hate my fat pants. The dilemma is real.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment