Friday, October 2, 2015

Diane's Review ~ Kill Shot by Lani Lynn Vale

Kill Shot (Code 11- KPD SWAT, #6)Kill Shot by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Drama and emotion from start to finish…

“And that’s what they were, too. Man candy. So sexy, each and every one of them.”

My, oh my, they certainly are! This series is all about sweet stuff. Sweet, sexy, dirty talking, protective, alpha to the max, sweet stuff. Each story in the series centers on a member of the Kilgore PD SWAT team, a team, a family, sworn to protect the citizens of their town and each other.
Bennett Alvarez was starting his second life. He didn’t know he was going to be a father and lost so much when he fulfilled his commitment to the Navy SEALS. His daughter was getting older and Reagan Rose deserved at least one parent in her life. So, he went home. Focused on his family and his career, a relationship was not what he was looking for so meeting Lennox was a shock to his… system.

Lennox Jane, on the other hand, was even more adamant that a relationship was not in her near future. So many things in her past forced her to keep her distance and ready to move on quickly that a boyfriend was the last thing she needed or wanted. The attraction between them is impossible to ignore so a compromise is reached.

“You and I can be friends with benefits. Use each other and then go home afterwards. The same goes for you. If you need me, I’m here. Sound good?”

Every time I see a new title by this author I do the happy reading dance and, believe me, it is worth it. The characters are in your face sexy, opinionated, loving and funny. Each couple have their own unique challenges to overcome as, like in real life, the path to love has its share of bumps.
Did I mention the humour?

“Wow,” the man said. “What’s going on with your vagina?”

“The snake didn’t bite your wiener, did it” I’m quite fond of that.”


Whether sarcastic or slapstick, it’s hard to go one page without a snicker or a laugh out loud.

“I may not voice my opinion often, but when I do you need to shut your filthy, donkey h**ping mouth and listen what I have to say.”

Of course, this is to relieve the sexual tension that is floating thicker than nuclear water between the two. And that tension is fulfilled in each and every down and lusciously dirty love scene. Bennie is a dirty talker extraordinaire and isn’t afraid to express his feelings openly and honestly (aka no filter).

“A gentleman doesn’t participate in locker room talk. All he needs to do is f*** her hard enough that she screams loud enough that everyone can hear it.”

Misunderstandings lead to some inexplicable drama - and I’m still wondering where Reagan went to in almost the entire last third of the book – but this was still another “don’t stop reading until the end” story as the passion, and danger, raced to a climax that left me breathless. Thank goodness there are more on the team as Michael and Nikki’s story is up next. I need more KPD SWAT!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment