Sunday, January 17, 2016

Diane's Review ~ Love Me Like That by Marie James

Love Me Like ThatLove Me Like That by Marie James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Healing each other…

I’m a big fan of this author’s Hale series and couldn’t wait to get my greedy hands on this book! Of course, there was always the chance that it couldn’t live up to the stories which I fell so hard for and loved so much. Luckily, that couldn’t have been further from the truth!

London Sykes had been disappointed and betrayed before but she was on the run from a devastating blow like no other. When an accident forces her to be rescued by Kadin Cole she wasn’t sure if that was more hardship to bear or a light at the end of the tunnel. Kadin, on the other hand, knew London was going to mess with his carefully laid out plans. Was this bad luck or sign of good things to come?

I’m not sure even where to start! Right off the bat, London and Kadin were characters that compelled you to feel for them. Feel their pain, their loss, and their confusion about what had happened in each of their lives and what the future may hold. Even while dealing with incredible upheaval, however, life carries on and the attraction they feel for each other becomes more powerful than anything else. They are funny and sarcastic and at times angry even as the physical connection builds to an emotional one as they slowly open up and reveal their haunting memories and fears.

There are surprises and twists and turns to this starting over romance that had me turning the pages too quickly really. So many things to keep me entertained I just wanted more and more. Between the hot sexy scenes, the sarcastic humour and the emotional turmoil roiling around it all, this story had me reeled in and totally hooked. By the end, even the few things that had me thinking “seriously?” seemed to fit perfectly in the grand scheme of things.

Seductive and slightly soapy, this story is now another reason this author is on my “I must have it and read it now!” TBR list.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment