Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Diane's Review ~ The Wrath of Cain by Kathy Coopmans

The Wrath of Cain (The Syndicate, #1)The Wrath of Cain by Kathy Coopmans
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Twisted deliciousness….

Wow, this story took a turn and a turn and yet another turn… Starting out, I wasn’t too sure - the story seemed to have a familiar ring to it - but that changed in a hurry!

Calla Greer and Cain Bexley were high school sweethearts. Their families detested each other so their only choice was to elope and let the chips fall where they may. They had a plan for themselves once they were married – school, love and life. Unfortunately that plan ground to dust quickly… Six years later, Calla is determined to end the marriage that never really started and get on with her life, finally laying the ghost of Cain to rest. Cain, meanwhile, has other ideas….

“I don’t think I will ever forgive you. I just can’t wrap my head around any of it. You didn’t love me enough to fight for me.”

“When it comes to you, my heart beats. It f***ing beats so d**n fast you have no idea.”


I thought I knew what this story was going to be? I had no feckin’ clue! I may have scratched my head a bit in the beginning as the setup just seemed over the top but that quickly gave way to me diving right in as the layers of this story, and the twists, just kept coming and coming. Calla was this prim and proper soon-to-be lawyer with hidden depths and a penchant for shoes as weapons. Cain, on the other hand, at first came off as a complete a**hole but I learned quickly that appearances are oh so deceiving… He’s taken over as president of his father’s MC, but there is much more to him that.

“I was given a choice of doing right or wrong, and I chose wrong. But to me, I chose wrong for the right reasons.”

Their families play a bigger role in this story than I could ever imagined which may have explained how the romance seemed to take a back seat in the latter part of the book. Not to say that there wasn’t heat and chemistry between these two – there definitely was! And some scenes were definitely not for the faint of heart as this author knows how to invoke emotion and mood whether in the bedroom or out of it!

A well-written, emotional and dramatic story that had me reading faster and faster through the pages… I was okay with that. I know Roan’s story is coming up next – and I cannot wait!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment