Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Jess's Review ~ First Touch by Laurelin Paige

First Touch (First and Last, #1)First Touch by Laurelin Paige
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Dark, twisted and suspenseful, Laurelin Paige delivers something unexpected and different in this new book that has left me breathless.

All because of a silly message, one that would mean nothing to anyone other than her, Emily finds herself searching for clues and thrown into a life she left behind. Emily hadn't heard from her friend in years, she said good-bye to the life they were living and moved on and now she is left with barely any breadcrumbs to find out what is going on. In order to unravel the mystery Emily encounters the dark and dangerous, Reeve Sallis.

Any adjective I tried to pin on him felt contrived and unoriginal.

Reeve was the ocean, dark and commanding and turbulent.


Reeve might and might not have the answers that Emily seeks, but she is determined to get close to him and find out. The thing is that she may either lose or find herself in the process. Reeve has not only the information that she seeks but this magnetism that she can't pull away from. Her sordid past has given her the skills she needs, but somewhere along the way real feelings start lurking.

"I don't know what it is about you."

This book was a wild ride; in devastating detail we learn about Emily's past and how she became who she is now. We learn very little about Reeve, but enough to know that he is knee-deep in secrets and dangerous. We do not get closure but a million questions. This book is dark and twisted and held me by the throat until the end. I'm a little upset that I have to wait until book two to find out the answers we seek, but the torment was worth it because the book was that good. This is my kind of read; suspenseful, sexy, dark, dangerous and bit dirty. All of my favorite things came together in vivid detail and crazy story line.

When I found them, when our gazes locked, something passed between us. Something without name or label. Something brutal and honest and undeniable.

And now I will wait...impatiently...for book 2.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment