Sunday, January 31, 2016

JC's Review ~ Sketch by Laramie Briscoe

SketchSketch by Laramie Briscoe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

I've read a couple of Laramie's other books, and enjoyed them, but this book blew them out of the water! Sketch is amazing!!

I loved that Sketch was told mostly from the male POV, there are a few snippets from his wife, Nina's POV, but majority of the book is from Devin (Sketch). The storyline isn't something I was expecting from this author, but I'm so glad she stepped out of her comfort zone and wrote this book! Everything about it was great, from the character development to the intriguing storyline, to the emotions you feel as a reader.

This isn't your typical romance story, there isn't an obscene amount of unnecessary drama. It tells the story of a lot of real life relationships. Sketch is focused on his career and making a life for him and his wife. His wife Nina, doesn't see his working so much in the same light, she only wants Sketch to spend more time with her.

This story follows the two of the separating and not only growing apart, but realizing how much they love each other in their separation. The thought processes and struggles they go through are very realistic. I found myself placing myself in Sketch and Nina's situations, trying to figure out how I would react in them.

That to me is what made this book five stars, Laramie Briscoe was able to develop these characters and their situation so well that it's really life-like. It make me think of how I would face the struggles they went through. I felt every emotion for them throughout reading it.

While I've enjoyed her other works, Sketch is by far the best book I've read from Laramie. Nothing short of fantastic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment