Sunday, January 17, 2016

Jess's Review ~ Absolution by L.P. Lovell & Stevie Cole

AbsolutionAbsolution by L.P. Lovell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

What in the hell did I just read?

It was crazy, but wildly intriguing. Dark and twisted and dirty and OH so messed up.

"This isn't BDSM or any of that prissy shit. There are no rules, no safe words. I do not want her willing submission. I want to drag it from her, screaming and crying."

Ezra is a bad man, he kills because he can. He hurts people because he wants to. He feels no remorse, he just does.

"I wonder if she even knows how far down the rabbit hole she's fallen because there is in no getting out of this now."

Evie is a damaged, damaged girl who kills to rid the world of sinners. She was born and raised in a twisted world where she is sin and the only wants to feel absolution for her crimes.

"I'm obsessed, possessed by him. He is the devil and he has drug me down to hell."

"...yet the girl is like some sick sort of sick crack. She's all consuming, and I can't get enough of her."


Evie finds herself on the hunt to find her sister's killer and that hunt leads her right to the most powerful criminal around, Ezra. She is looking for work to find an "in" to get close to the person who took the only good thing in her life away. Ezra is that "in" and she is about to be subjected to his very special brand of interviewing. Ezra has his own problems brewing, missing girls and blackmail are not good for his business and Evie is adding to his list of issues. Because there is something about this crazy little killer that throws his whole world in a tailspin.

I have to tell you this was unlike anything I have read. You never know what is coming and I have never been quite as stunned as I was while completely submerged into the murky waters of this book. Sunshine was not to be found and the more you learn about these characters the more broken and damaged they become. Guessing isn't even worth it because it is hard to predict crazy. There were unexpected twists and more "WTF" moments than I can even count. If you are afraid of the dark side, or can't handle a little (or a lot of) blood, or don't like raw and uninhibited sex scenes, then just walk away. If you are a soul like me and need a little walk to the dark side and book that will stick with you for some time, then look no further. When these two authors get together, you should know you are in for a wild ride.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment