Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Jess's Review ~ Pandemonium by Bella Jewel

Pandemonium (MC Sinners Next Generation, #1)Pandemonium by Bella Jewel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

"what I do know is that the sun will always come up tomorrow. You just have to learn to embrace it."

I read this book because I love this author and I love MC books. I did quite expect the journey I was put on though. This was a deep and emotionally charged book and there are moments that are felt deep in your soul.

Ava is the MC president's daughter. She grew up strong and totally devoted to her family. She is a good girl though, she has her friends and works outside the club. She keeps her nose clean and is enjoying her first taste of freedom. And then all of that is snuffed out in a moment. All of a sudden her world doesn't make sense, she is drowning and can't find any light at the end of the tunnel.

"But it'll get easier, kid. It'll get easier until you learn to breathe again."

She finds solace in the most unlikely of places, with the most unlikely of people. Lucas Black has his own set of demons. He knows about loss and regrets, he understands the deep sense of pain that comes along with those things. He is broken and just like Ava he is searching for something to hold onto.

"Little do I know she's going to change my entire life."

This book is the introduction to the next generation of the Sinners MC and what a haunting intro it was. Ava and Lucas both have stories that are deeply moving and hard to overcome. I really did not expect my heart to break and to experience the pain of what they each are going through. The story flowed really well and I found myself moving fluidly through time and eager to see what was going to happen next. Lucas is brooding but with a kind heart, once you get there. Ava is a spitfire even when her light get dimmed. The chemistry between these two almost sneaks up on you and then it's there and undeniable. While I have read other books by this author, I have not read the Sinners MC books and while I didn't feel like I missed anything I was surely intrigued by these characters and want to read their stories now too.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment