Friday, February 5, 2016

Jess's Review ~ Defenseless by Corinne Michaels

DefenselessDefenseless by Corinne Michaels
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

LOVED, LOVED this book.

While you can read this as a standalone, I have read the prior two books in this series and I have to say I was more than excited to read Mark's book. There has always been something "special" about Twilight and his antics just bring a smile to face and a flutter to my heart.

"You know you don't have to say everything you're thinking."

Oh, but he does. He is not the strong silent type; he is the loud, ridiculous, protective and a total badass. And who better to put him in his place than Charlie...

"I'm not warm and fuzzy or open and honest. I;m stubborn, manipulative, cunning, and ready to crush anyone who stands in my way, because I've had to be."

Mark, as part of a security team and Charlie, a CIA agent join forces to find out who is behind the attacks on Mark's team and who messed up Charlie's mission. They are treading dangerous waters and working together only puts them more at risk. Traveling and trying to flesh out limited information on the threat puts the feelings these two have for each to the test.

"Charlie isn't the kind of woman you move on from. She draws you in with the brightness of her sun and then leaves you blind."

Mark and Charlie are at two different points in their lives. They want different things and are going different places. Charlie lives a dangerous life and now with the threat of death looming things are even more precarious. Mark is getting ready to decide what his future is going to hold and where he is going to find permanence.

While they are both witty, pretty amazing with a gun...

"No wonder she gets information. I'd sell my soul if she asked."

it is their chemistry that sticks with you. There is action, suspense, laughs and whole lot of holding my breath as you are thrown right into the middle of danger. The story was interesting, intense and sexy; it keeps you hooked from beginning to end. Ms. Michaels is a great story teller. Her books have a finesse about them that keeps the story going and the reader sucked in.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment