Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Erin's Review ~ The Eagle by Jillian Dodd

The Eagle (Spy Girl #2)The Eagle by Jillian Dodd
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Spy Girl is back! More intrigue, more suspense, more excitement!! Huntley and Ari have a new mission. When the President of the United States is shot, these two set out to take out the shooter and to find out who was responsible for the order. The deeper they go, the more they realize that this assignment is part of something much bigger. What secrets will they uncover in their search for the truth?
The mystery that surrounds this mission is far reaching, full of twists and turns. The more we uncover, the more questions it presents. We begin to question who we can trust and whether characters we think we know are hiding much more than they let on.
In The Eagle, we see the same driven and brilliant Huntley from the first book. The difference here is that we are shown a side to her we merely glanced at in the The Prince, a more vulnerable and softer Huntley.
Once again, her love life plays a roll in the story, but this time it takes a back seat to the action, intrigue, and drama. The new mission has them wrapped up in a fast paced adventure. I have to admit, I was glad for the reprieve from her the love triangle. I was getting a little frustrated with the back and forth. I definitely have a favorite between Daniel and Lorenzo, and I really wish she would stop stringing them along and choose one or neither. I am hoping to see a return to the romance in The Society. I can't wait to see which man she chooses.
The Prince was exhilarating and surprisingly emotional. I was completely swept up into the story and these characters. There is something new around every corner and the anticipation is killing me. I need answers and I can't wait for them to be revealed!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment