Sunday, October 30, 2016

Jess's Review ~ A Harmless Little Game by Meli Raine

A Harmless Little Game (Harmless, #1)A Harmless Little Game by Meli Raine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Highly intriguing with plot twists that have me excited for more.

I was sold with the blurb...political, dark, suspense, totally my kind of read. I knew it was going to leave me hanging, I knew there would be more to the story but I didn't quite expect all of the mysteries that have yet to be solved.

Lindsay had been sent away after her horrible rape was blasted over the internet. For four years she was kept in place away from the media, her friends and her family. It is finally time for her to come home and what a home coming it has become. She has only been home mere days and already things are heating up. Her father is about to become a bigger political face, her "situation" is being "handled", her bodyguard is the one person who let her down the most and there are a whole lot of things that transpired that we don't have answers to yet. And Lindsay is finding out the hard way that seeing isn't always believing.

This was a fast paced read, there is a bit of action, a bit of history, a bit of forbidden feelings and whole lot of mixed emotions. I was personally expecting a little darker based on the blurb and dare I say I wanted it darker. Lindsay was a complicated character which made my feelings for her a bit complex too, there were times that I enjoyed her and times I didn't. She doesn't quite understand how to feel being back in the world and that in turn, at times, made my head spin. Her feelings for Drew were all over the place and while I completely get it, I wanted to understand his place it little bit sooner and I wanted more from him.

I also cannot wait for book two, cause this author has some explaining to do...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment