Saturday, December 17, 2016

Erin's Review ~ Trying Sophie: A Dublin Rugby Romance by Rebecca Norinne

Trying Sophie: A Dublin Rugby Romance (Dublin Rugby #1)Trying Sophie: A Dublin Rugby Romance by Rebecca Norinne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
When Sophie Newport was a child she spent a few years living in Ireland with her grandparents, years made miserable by Declan O'Shaughnessy and his minions. About eighteen years later and she's back in Ballycurra to help her grandparents with their pub. Things have changed since she's been gone and some things may not even be as she remembers them. Coming together after all this time, do these two stand a chance or is there too much history?
Set in a small town, outside of Dublin, Ireland, we are swept up in an engaging story of letting go of the past and opening up to new possibilities. Star Rugby player, Declan, was super sexy. He was far from the boy Sophie remembered, thoughtful, kind, and driven...much like Sophie herself. Their connection, instant and strong. I enjoyed watching them grow closer throughout the story.
Dotted with obstacles and drama, the story flowed nicely. During some angsty times, I wished they would communicate with one another but I understood the need for the lack of it for the development of the story. Despite some immaturity and aspects I just didn't feel fit, I did greatly enjoy Trying Sophie. I especially loved the addition of the epilogue, it was perfect for the story.
This was a wonderful start to a series. It set up Eion and Aoife's book perfectly. I'm eager to learn more about the other guys from the team too.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment