Friday, December 16, 2016

Jess's Review ~ Bestie by Bella Jewel

Bestie (Jokers' Wrath MC, #5)Bestie by Bella Jewel
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description

This was one part sweet, one part funny, one part devastating and little bit sexy. The author states that this book is partially based on true events and while it is part of the Jokers' Wrath books it can be read all alone.

Molly has grown up inside the MC and is going though a pretty rough break up. The real why's and how's of the whole situation that leads her to the present are fairly vague but you do know that whatever happened wrecked her. When she needs someone the most she runs into Roman. Roman is also going through a pretty rough break-up, which is too a bit vague. But regardless these two decide to become besties.

Their friendship was my favorite part of the book. The interaction with each other, quick wit and easy banter made me smile and laugh out loud. It was endearing to both characters and made you want to be friends with them as well. They had great fun together and really helped each other move on. It is when things progress that I found myself not loving the story as much. It was not so much the progression of their relationship as it was what was going on outside the two of them. The drama with their ex's for whatever reason just bothered me.

I did enjoy this book, just not quite as much as I wanted to. There wasn't enough backstory and a bit too much drama. I did liked seeing the other characters and we are set up nicely for the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment