Saturday, December 17, 2016

Lynzi's Review ~ Being Brooke by Emma Hart

Being BrookeBeing Brooke by Emma Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

☆☆☆☆☆
~Lynzi~
I have never read a book that has made me laugh so much. Laugh out loud books are always something I try to find, but they never really tickle me. This one definitely did.

Brooke is all around a hot fricking mess. No getting around it or over it. She is hilarious. She speaks her mind and just does her, and doesn't care who sees or who likes her. She is fine to be herself and say how she feels, unless it's about one very important person, her best friend, Cain. Being in love with your best friend is hard, especially for someone like Brooke. She's not anything like the woman he is used to dating. She is from a whole other plant from the girls he's used to. But it's ok, because he will never know and nothing will ever happen.

Cain has no idea his clumsy, off-kilter, hot mess of a best friend, Brooke, is in love with him, and has been for a really long time. And what sucks the most, is just about everyone knows, except him. Cain struggles with balancing his relationship with his girlfriend, and his relationship with his best friends. The best friends don't like the girlfriend, and vise versa. When it comes down to it, a man can only have one other important woman in his life, besides his mom. So something has to give.

I was waiting for a few funny parts, but this book had me laughing my butt off. So much that my side hurts. I absolutely fell in love with Brooke. I have never read a character who is so damn realistic before. Normally in books, the women are perfect and put together, and Brooke is anything but that, and I loved it. So hard! We need more woman, more fun, more hot messes like Brooke in the world. They would definitely serve for good entertainment.

Can I have a hot best friend like Cain please? It amazed me how he balanced Brooke out so well. To have been friends for so long, there has to be balance, and boy does it work. They work amazing together. Hahaha! That made me laugh. Their bickering, their back and forth, always at each others throats, was so worth the pains in my sides. I could read them all day and never get tired of it. I loved them! I loved loved loved this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment