Monday, January 16, 2017

Ali's Review ~ Flightless by L. Duarte

FlightlessFlightless by L. Duarte
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

☆☆☆☆
~ALI~
This story is one that will stick with me for a while. I thoroughly enjoyed my first book by Duarte. Flightless takes the reader on an incredible emotional journey. Gray and Galel are two powerful main characters and I fell in love with both of them. Told in the first person pov from Gray, the story jumps back and forth from past and present. I would have loved to have some chapters from Galel’s pov from time to time. Thrown in are a couple of chapters from a mysterious villain's perspective which I think helped to build the suspense and keep readers on the edge of the seat. Gray is a shy and proud young woman who strive for excellence and reach stardom. As a reader I love the message that is delivered that anybody can achieve anything they put their mind to. Galel starts out as an ex who you have to hate but as the story unfolds you realize things aren't always what they seem and I was quickly routing for Galel to get his girl. Duarte has given readers a well thought out and written story that gives you all the feels. I would highly recommended it and look forward to reading more from them!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment