Sunday, January 29, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Put Out by Lani Lynn Vale

Put Out (Kilgore Fire Book 5)Put Out by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

Just leave me in Kilgore…
I race, not walk, when I know that another Kilgore Fire book is waiting for me! This author knows just the right balance of angst, drama and humour to make each outing a must-read. Angie and Bowe’s story was just what I needed to get me out of a blue January funk! It’s not to say that this was an uber-sweet love story, far from it. Instead, there are characters who struggle with everyday life happenings, riding the same roller coaster of highs, middles and lows that we all face. And do it in a way that made me smile and laugh along the way…
“It’s hard to resist a bad boy who’s a good man.”
And Bowe is definitely a good man. Why someone hasn’t scooped him right up is a mystery. Could he be too good, maybe? Unlucky in love certainly but Angie knows all about that. What happens when two people struggling on their own find someone that seems to mesh? Well, either they embrace the opportunity or do everything to rail against it… Pot vs kettle, let the games begin!
“Not every man can be bearded. Some need to stand on the sidelines and clap as we pass by.”
And they did feel like games at time but when tempered with the right amount of drama and feels it found the right balance. There are familiar faces and new ones to bolster the usual supporting cast and they help make this this series such a draw for me. Another “read it one sitting” addition to one of my favourite series…
“You have to sometimes go through ugly to get beautiful.”



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment