Sunday, January 15, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Too Tempting by Bethany Lopez

Too Tempting (The Lewis Cousins, #1)Too Tempting by Bethany Lopez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

A tangled web…
With an intriguing blurb and an author completely unknown to me, I started this story with anticipation, and hope, of something surprising. I got just that!
Gabe is running the football camp that Zoey’s nephew is attending and that opens the door for a summer romance that quickly heats up. Gabe’s cousins were a huge part of the camp and provided a ‘friends’-like feel as they had fun, and squabbled, in only the way family can.
These characters were instantly likable and the funny and warm Zoey immediately fit into the tight-knit group. With the camp as a backdrop, and some unsaid truths between them, Gabe and Zoey’s courtship had all the feels with just the right amount of spice. There was instant attraction but it didn’t feel out of place at all… I guess the pace, how they felt, made it feel exactly right.
“When she pulled back, lips swollen, cheeks flushed, and eyes heavy, I asked, “Do I look bored?”
This story had my complete attention for most of the book until something just… changed. A dramatic curveball came out of left field and felt decidedly out of place. The situation felt crafted somehow and for me, did not work.
If I could rate the story in sections the first half would be have been a strong 4.5 which means this author will be on my TBR list again.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment