Sunday, January 29, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Casanova by Emma Hart

CasanovaCasanova by Emma Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Sexy and sassy, Casanova was an entertaining read. Lani travels home to Whiskey Key to attend her grandmother's funeral and even after eight years away, the pain and heartbreak of the past resurfaces. Brett's anger and hurt at being abandoned all those years ago has never really gone away. With so much past between them, do they have a chance at a future? Brett's father makes Lani an offer she can't refuse, throwing these two back together and perhaps giving them the opportunity they need to mend their broken hearts.
The witty banter between these two was both humorous and served to create tension. You could feel the draw they had to one another. Hart did a good job illustrating both the positive and negative feelings they each had for the other. I did struggle to fully connect with either of them, Brett especially. When things in their relationship finally took a turn and their characters progressed, it was easier to fall into the story, but that did take some time.
Hart gave us a well written and evenly paced story. I enjoyed the premise and despite the aforementioned minor issues, I did root for these characters. There was a bit of mystery surrounding both Brett and Lani, which I was eager to reveal.
I've read a few books by Hart and I've really enjoyed all of them. Each one has been different and engaging. I'm excited to read more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment