Sunday, January 29, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Smoldering Ashes by Annie Anderson

Smoldering Ashes (Ashes to Ashes, #4)Smoldering Ashes by Annie Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

The fourth installment of Anderson's Ashes to Ashes Series, far exceeded my expectations. I'm not sure how she does it, but she is always able to draw us into the world she has created. Her beautiful words and vivid imagery are nothing short of mesmerizing.
In true Anderson fashion, she delivers incredibly bold and deep characters that drive her story. Since Kyle was first introduced, I've been intrigued. He's an important part of the group but he's always been on the periphery. I loved being able to get inside his head. He was so wrapped up in Nicola, his love was all encompassing and unconditional.
Nicola has been quite an enigma throughout the series. With so many questions and uncertainty surrounding her, I knew her book would be epic. Being able to discover what lies within was eye-opening. Her resiliency, bravery, and selflessness was inspiring. My heart broke for her for all she had been through.
Anderson creates a sense of unease throughout, we can never be sure what fate has in store for any of her characters, but Nicola's course is so much more uncertain. The added action and mystery had me tearing through the pages and my anxiety raging. I also found myself quite emotional at times, which is no surprise when it comes to this series. Anderson perfectly mixes together all of these aspects to deliver an unstoppable story; a true master of her craft.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment