Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Southern Desire by Kaylee Ryan

Southern Desire (Southern Heart, #2)Southern Desire by Kaylee Ryan
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

I am just loving Kaylee Ryan's Southern Heart Series. After meeting Aaron in Southern Pleasure, I was so hoping we'd get his book next. This story was emotional and super sweet, the perfect follow up to the first book.
A year after the loss of her mother, Whitney is ready for a change. She's ready to move to Kentucky to be with her cousins. She was broken and devastated, looking for a fresh start. Aaron is everything I love in a cowboy and lead character, rugged, hardworking, thoughtful, and caring. He was so patient and understanding with Whitney. I enjoyed the slow build of their relationship. The progression seemed natural and realistic.
Aaron was always doing sweet things for Whit, it was so cute.
Ryan focused on the characters and the relationship. The added drama didn't overwhelm the story. While I wanted to shake Whit at times, her issues fit the story and her character without taking away from my enjoyment, on the contrary, it kept the story moving and fresh.
Evan and McKinley play a large role in this book too which I really enjoyed. I loved getting to see how things have turned out for them and watching them together with their family. Ryan does a great job setting up future books in the series. I'm excited to see what's to come!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment