Saturday, January 14, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Trick by Laramie Briscoe

TrickTrick by Laramie Briscoe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

A story of second chances and finding yourself. Hadley and her little girl, Riley, are picking up the pieces and moving on after the dissolution of her marriage. Hadley enrolls Riley in The Companion Program, hoping to give her daughter a positive and present male in her life, something she never had with her own father. Trick has made some mistakes but he's been working hard on growing his business and doing things right. The last thing he needs is to go back to jail and that's exactly where he's headed if he can't finish his community service hours at The Companion Program. Riley and Hadley are his last chance. Not only do Riley and Trick hit it off, but there's also something there between Trick and Hadley. Will this spark turn out to be more of inconvenience than it's worth or are they exactly what the other needs?
I have read Laramie Briscoe's Heaven Hill Series and really enjoyed it so when I saw the blurb for Trick, I was excited to read it. I was pleasantly surprised at just how much I loved this book.
Trick and Hadley were fabulous characters. Multidimensional and likable, I really wanted good things for them. I wanted to see them happy and Briscoe did a great job showing growth and change through their friendship/relationship. Add Riley into the mix and her interactions with Trick, and I was a goner! It was just incredibly sweet and resulted in such an inspiring change in all of the characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment