Sunday, January 29, 2017

Jess's Audio Review ~ Deathless & Divided by Bethany-Kris

Deathless & Divided (The Chicago War, #1)Deathless & Divided by Bethany-Kris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

~AUDIO~

I listened to audio of this story and what a story it was.

Lily DeLuca had thought she was free from her family ties until she is summoned back. And it was not just for a little visit to catch up. Oh, no she returns into the thick of things and all of her choices are taken away from her.

The "Ghost" Damian Rossi has lived up to his name. He knows his place, does his work and moves on. He likes his place in the organization and enjoys his quiet existence. Then he learns that he is going to be someone's husband and all of his "quietness" is about to get very loud.

This was an intricate tale of mob bosses and multiple players. There are a number of working pieces that are sometimes at odds with each other. Listening to this story made it even more engrossing for me. The narrator's voice drew me in. I would find myself sitting in my car, long after I parked just because I didn't want to shut it off. He did a great job of moving though the characters. There were times that there were a multitude of people in one scene and he was able to keep it clear who was talking without confusion or the need to rewind.

This was a great start to the series and I can't wait to pick up the rest of it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment