Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Becoming Mrs. Lockwood by K.I. Lynn

Becoming Mrs. LockwoodBecoming Mrs. Lockwood by K.I. Lynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

A Fairytale-esque type story, rich in detail and not light on the sexy.

Wren and Weston made an unlikely pair. A plain, ordinary girl, a self-proclaimed wallflower, an old-soul who just is anything but lavish and stand-out meets a sexy, wealthy, slightly mysterious man in Vegas. And this is case of not everything that happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Wren is uprooted from the only home she's known. She is in high school, has one best friend and a pretty unconventional mother to now she is living in a mansion, driving an expensive car and attending a private school. This change is a lot for one girl to handle and to make matters more complicated she is married to none other than the one of Hollywood's most eligible bachelors.

Weston had dreamed of normal and simplicity but was never given the chance at that. So when this girl makes more than an impression on him he does the spontaneous and crazy. This whole idea wasn't thought through very well and sometimes even the best of ideas are a disaster.

I have to say when I started this book and found out that our main character was just 18 I was a little skeptical. I tend not to like younger characters and have a hard time getting into their heads. But Wren is quite mature for her age and there were often times I forgot that she was just a high school senior. For her lack of worldly experience she doesn't come across as a child or someone that you don't end up feeling for. This story is told mostly in her POV and I found that I thoroughly enjoyed it. We got to see the world only a few times from Weston but the times we did were enough. There were times my soul hurt for him as his feelings were pretty palpable even through the eyes of Wren. This was a long, in-depth story of two people who attempt to come to terms with their new arrangement. The book really didn't lack for anything, there was a air of mystery that surrounded Weston, there was drama and a bit of angst, it was sexy and swoon-worthy, there were a cast of characters that added to the experience of the book, and even a bit of suspense.

"You know, I'm not perfect and you're not perfect, but I think we could be prefect together."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment