Sunday, January 29, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Screwmates by Kayti McGee

ScrewmatesScrewmates by Kayti McGee
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description

A quirky and fun read.


For almost a year Madison and Marc live together as roommates, barely seeing each and hardly ever speaking until a mess at work sends Madison home. These two are quite opposites but decide they can help each other expand their wine tasting skills and perhaps work on their seduction. Well, you know about good intentions...

These two are quite the pair; a nerdy comic geek and bookish professor type who can't get this wine or dine thing down without a slew of mishaps. This was a fun read. It made me giggle and had a nice pace. There were times I wondered if they were ever going to have something go right for them. But the journey through the mishaps and ER visits are what made this all the more entertaining.

I had wished that it was told from dual POVs because I felt a bit disconnected from Marc. I definitely enjoyed him but the connection wasn't as much as I wanted it to be. This book was full of witty banter and tons of chemistry. Overall this was a lighthearted tale with interesting characters and good story-line.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment