Monday, January 16, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Separation Games by C.D. Reiss

Separation Games (The Games Duet, #2)Separation Games by C.D. Reiss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

When this highly anticipated book two hit my Kindle I was excited but also a bit apprehensive. I was drawn into this marriage game that Diana and Adam were playing but I wasn't sure how their story was going to play out and if all would be right in the world. I also knew I needed to prepare myself for the mental push and pull that this story was bound to have. After I put my big-girl panties on I dived in and didn't look back.

To say I was not quite prepared for the anguish that these two brought would be an understatement. I found Diana to be mentally exhausting. She thinks she knows what she wants and the journey to get there was a long one. Adam, who hid a big part of himself from his wife, is now paying the consequences. He didn't want to lose her so he made her play his games, until his plans completely backfire. Now he too is torn during this already complicated time.

This book brought out a lot of emotions; it was unbelievably sensual, complex, and at times down-right frustrating. There were points where I threw my reading device because I had enough, only to have it stare at me while whispering "You know you want it." And of course I did want it. There were other parts that days later I am still mulling over because of its uniqueness and depth. It is also the first time in a long time that I felt completely different about the two main characters. One who I enjoyed immensely and the other I just wanted to shake. Even though one of them drove me mad, it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the story.

If you are looking for a character driven, deep, sexy BDSM journey, then this one is for you. CD Reiss is a story-teller through and through so you need to be prepared to buckle down for one hell of an emotional roller-coaster.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment