Monday, January 23, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Taking Turns (Turning, #1)Taking Turns by J.A. Huss

Taking Turns (Turning, #1)Taking Turns by J.A. Huss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Wildly addicting and a ridiculously sexy.

Told in four points of view you learn about something called Taking Turns. A game that Quin, Smith and Bric have been playing for some time and are about to induct their latest member, Chella.

"Forget about Quin and the way he fucked you. Forget about Smith and the way he claimed you. Forget about Bric and the way he dominated you."

Three very different men come together for this game in way that make this story completely addicting, like I didn't want to put it down, when I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it and I just wanted more. The introduction of Chella is surrounded by a mystery. Where is Rochelle? Why is Chella there instead? And who are these three powerful men?

"The only thing that matters is us. And once figure out what us is, you'll know what it's really like to live. I promise you. You'll know, and you'll never go back to singular relationships."

Trying to figure out who they are is part of the intrigue of this book. The dark and dirty, the questions, the rules and the being completely lost to your desires made this one hell of a read. Smith is just weird; he is quiet and can come off as a creeper. But he demands attention no matter where he is and he is the one that is always watching. His back story is one I have never heard before and he is probably one of the most interesting and complex characters I have ever read. Quin is easy going and easy to fall in love with. He is the perfect boyfriend material, pays attention, takes you out and has a heart that can be broken. Then there is Bric; the deviant. He likes it dirty and rough. He is the most detached one of the trio when it comes to anything more than the games. And then there is Miss Chella, she has secrets herself but is more than up for this game, but at what cost.
I can't say anything more about how much I loved this book. It had me and now April can't get here fast enough.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment