Thursday, January 26, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Thanos by Ella Frank

Thanos (Masters Among Monsters, #3)Thanos by Ella Frank
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

To say I was eager to start this book when it appeared on my kindle would be an understatement. Isadora's book left my in a kind of stasis because there were still a lot of questions and a whole lot of "what the hell is going on." There are three men who have the ability to bring the end to an entire race, but they are still coming to terms with what that even means and why. Then we have the Ancients and their first-sired who are caught up in this turbulent time.

While this book has a bit of everyone's story, it is mostly about Thanos. He has been a mysterious character since the beginning of this series. So unlike his "cousins" he has this dark aura that you don't quite understand until this book. There is a lot going on with him; he is broken inside and out. He is angry and alone and there is nothing that even Eton can do to bring him back. He and Eton have a pretty dark past, a lot darker than the others but they also have this vulnerability to them that is fracturing before their eyes.

Thanos's book was the completion of this Masters Among Monsters Series and to me it had a different feel to it. It was darker and had more depth to it. It was still sexy, but not in the same way that I remember the first two being. There was just more...something. Being that this was the end there were a lot of people at play and a lot of story to be told. There are mysteries unfolding before your eyes. Waiting for answers and the what was coming next kept me on edge the whole time. Then we get to the crazy culmination of events that left my head spinning. I truly enjoyed this series but nothing could have prepared me for the way it was all going to come together and it was perfect.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment