Monday, January 16, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Waste of Worth by Bethany-Kris

Waste of Worth (DeLuca Duet, #1)Waste of Worth by Bethany-Kris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
This is the first book I have read by Bethany-Kris and it will not be my last and not only because the story is unfinished. There is a certain depth to this story. It is not just about Capo Dino DeLuca and the girl he meets by complete chance, Karen Martin. It is about one man's demons that haunt his every move.

Dino is well and caught up in the mafia but it's not really a place he longs to be. His every move is monitored and decided by his uncle and when he doesn't do things exactly how he should bad things tend to happen. Karen comes in and brings a sort of peace to Dino he has never had before but he is overly cautious of getting involved with anyone for fear of what could happen. But there is just something about this photographer that calls to him and he keeps coming back.

There were times that I felt the story was moving a bit slow and I was eager to get to find out where we were going to be stopping this part of the story. I was drawn into this tale though, I felt for Dino and wanted so much more for him as he did for himself. We are left at an interesting point in the story and I am really interested to see where it is going to pick back up. Things are left unsettled and in the midst of a crisis. I also hope that in the next part we get a more from Karen. While I feel like we got a good sense of who she is, her emotions and inner thoughts are not out there for the reader. We spend much of our time seeing who Dino is and the lengths in which he will go to protect his family. He is part broken, part fighter, part made-man, part brother and protector; he is quiet and doesn't add much to conversations but he is calculating and caring too. I look forward to February when we get to see the rest of this story unfold.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment