Monday, January 16, 2017

Lynzi's Review ~ Dying Wish by Margaret McHeyzer

Dying WishDying Wish by Margaret McHeyzer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

☆☆☆☆☆
~LYNZI~
“You two are gonna be good together. I can see it in you, Elijah. Alice is going to be your ‘epic’.”

Boy, was Alice his epic! I went into this story, knowing something was going to happen somewheres, and to someone, and it would leave a dying wish, but I definitely wasn't expecting what I got. This book left me broken and sad. I stayed with a lump in my throat for most of it.

Elijah looks me straight in the eyes, and says, “What we’ll have won’t be epic, Alice. It’ll be legendary.”

Alice is a determined teenager. She has one dream in life and it takes everything she is and everything she has, to try and get there. Being a lead Ballerina for the American Theater is all she wants out of life. She pushes herself till her whole body aches and her toes bleed. Perfection is everything. She definitely wasn't expecting or looking to get side tracked by a boy. Especially Elijah. Elijah has always been a pain in her side. He has teased her till no end. So she is thrown for a loop when he comes on to her, and says he wants to be with her.

Elijah has a reputation at school, and it's not a good one. He realizes the one person he wants, is gonna be hard to win over. Him and Alice haven't always had a good relationship. Hell, they aren't even friends. So of course she is shocked and finding it hard to believe he wants her. He's been with prettier and easier girls, but little does she know, that's not anything he wants. He knows they can be amazing together. It's just gonna be a little work to get her to see it too. What makes it a little harder, is her best friend/sister, Becky.

Becky is just as determined when it comes to music, as Alice is to ballet. Becky is an amazing guitarist who has an amazing future ahead of her. She has everything she needs to be a star. She just has to stay on track, continue to practice, and follow her heart. But she also has to have her besties back. She can't have some guy randomly coming in and breaking her girls heart. She won't allow it. So Elijah has to win over not one, but two girls. All to date one.

When everyone is given the worst news ever, they fall apart. It feels likes their world's have come to a complete halt and starts falling apart. Not believing this is the hand they were dealt at such a young age, they try their best to make the best out of it, for as long as they have.

Three soulmates. One ripped away. Two left to grieve.

It's possible for beauty to be born out of the heartache.

If I have books like this to look forward to this year, then it will be a great year in the book world. I am so glad I was able to read and review this one. This one will definitely stay with me. Young love is so beautiful, even thought it's hard. I absolutely loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment