Monday, January 16, 2017

Lynzi's Review ~ The Way Back by Lilly Mirren

The Way BackThe Way Back by Lilly Mirren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

☆☆☆ 1/2
~Lynzi~
This book has way more hurt, and heartache than I was waiting for, but I'm a sucker for second chance romances so I dealt with it, even thought it hurt my heart.

When her husband told her he had been having an affair, and that he was in love with someone else, Eleanor thought her world was ending. Not only had he been cheating, but he was doing it with someone she considered a friend. Knowing she couldn't stay in the same town and watch their love bloom, she took her 3 kids and moved back home. Her parents where there to help her get her life back together and move on. Living in a small town, there is always gossip. Her mother told her way more in the years she was gone than she needed to know, but her mother kept on big thing from her. Her first love and high school boyfriend, Finn, had also moved back home. She gets a major surprise when she runs into him. She quickly realizes, she never fully got over him and she still wants him as much as she did when she was younger. But Finn broke her heart all those years ago ands that's not something she can get past. She has more than her heart to worry about now, so it makes things a little more complicated.

Finn moved back home after he was left a widow. He and his kids wanted, needed, to start over. So back to his home town and parents is where they went. He never guessed the only other woman to ever hold his heart would appear back in his life. But he isn't the same man, and she isn't the same woman. He has darkness surrounding him and he can't seem to see any light outside of his kids. But when he runs into Elle, he quickly realizes she is the only one who can bring him out of the darkness. Trusting her is the last thing he can do though. They have a rocky past, one that they each see differently, and each have their own baggage, so attempting to making it work again is a long shot.

Even though I liked this one, I had a hard time with the constant back and forth. One minute they were thinking on thing, then the next something completely different. It drove me kinda crazy. But I fell in love with Finn and him as a father. He is the type of man every girl dreams the father of their children will be. He didn't let me down in that aspect, I just wish they would of pulled their heads out of their butts long enough to have more time together. They were more apart in the book that they were together. I hope book 2 has more of their actual relationship and them being together. I would love to see how they build and grow as a family together.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment