Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Release Blitz ~ #Review ~ A Flaw so Beautiful by Alora Kate

iT'S-LIVEl-Banner.jpg

A Flaw so Beautiful
Release Day Blitz
Title: A Flaw so Beautiful
Author: Alora Kate
Genre: Contemporary New Adult

Buy Links:

Add to your TBR: https://goo.gl/Zi4HSf

Synopsis:
Lincoln: Catching sight of my neighbor’s ass in the hallway the day I moved in more than piqued my interest. It's not just the body that has my attention. She's mysterious, hiding behind sunglasses that cover most of her face. I ask her name and try to get her to talk on the rare occasions I see her in the hallway, but every time she ignores me and turns away. I need to know more about this woman, I can't get her out of my head. Do I keep trying? Do I keep asking her name?

Ashton: I’m barely holding on. I’m always on the edge, even after all these years. I live every day the same and I can’t change who I am no matter how much I try. My new neighbor won't give up asking my name and trying to make conversation with me. If he knew me he wouldn't keep trying. I'm a lost cause.


Front-Cover-Sharing.gif

Excerpt:

I sucked in a breath. “Are you trying to kill me?”
“A little dramatic don’t you think, Ashton.” She stood up and smoothed out her clothes.
Suzanne was tall, skinny, and blonde and sometimes she wore glasses. Other than that, I don’t pay attention to people or the unique details they all have. They all blend into categories, and I can’t see past that. They are short or tall, fat or skinny, and the only other thing I notice is usually their hair color. And I guess glasses. Sometimes those stick out to me.
My world is boring.
Bland.
Dull and lifeless.   
Sometimes the beating of my heart is the only thing that reminds me that I'm alive.
“I’m scared, Suzanne.”
I’m always so fucking scared.
“Anxiety can do that to you.”

Teaser-18.jpg

Teaser 2.jpg

Teaser 10.jpg

Teaser 4.jpg

Review:

5 stars
I absolutely loved this story. It is a story about survival and what people go through in order to keep themselves sane after a majorly traumatic events.  Lincoln and Ashton go through different things, but seemed to cope in almost the same way. 
After Ashton's torturous event she stay home and keeps to herself. Never going out because of what the "Devil" did to her. She sees herself as hideous, wants nothing to do with anything outside of her apartment, and is still living in the past unable to let go. 
Lincoln moves in and has his own demons. He felt as though he was the reason for a family tragedy and it took years for his sister to get through to him. Never giving up can be tiring, but is something that has to be done.  
When these two first meet it is always a one sided conversation with Lincoln doing the talking. When he witnesses Ashton have a panic attack then later talks with her brother, he finds out little pieces of her story.  He feels the need to help her see the light once again.  Ashton and Lincoln go through a lot together.  Lincoln won't give up and Ashton might finally be able to let someone in just a little. 
As I said this was an amazing story. You never know what some people have gone through, or what they deal with to be able to continue on with their lives. 

~Katie

About The Author:

Alora Kate is a multi-genre author who likes to be bold and original; stepping outside of the box and bringing her readers fresh characters from all parts of life. She’s a mother, college student, photographer, and graphic designer. She resides in northern MN with her son, where she plans to stay for a long time despite the cold winters. 

Join her mailing list here: https://goo.gl/KJTtxe

Brought to you by….blog banner new.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment