Cover Design : L.J. Anderson / Mayhem Designs
Model: Kamil Nizinski
Release Date: January 16, 2017
Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
5 of 5 stars
This was another wonderful read by Jennifer Blackwood. Her ability to write stories that I don't want to put down is something I am certainly coming to look forward to.
In this story I got to know more about Zoey, from the previous book in this series The Rule Book, and I met Ryder. These two have history in the form of a one night stand after which he left her without saying goodbye. Zoey took this experience, along with previous mishaps with men and decided to take a break from them and focus on her career. However they run into each other again unexpectedly when Zoey is assigned to work on a project and Ryder and his family become the client. Despite the attraction still there, she vows to be professional. But everyday the two work together becomes harder to resist each other. However Ryder has already shown his habit of disappearing, and Zoey isn't sure if she is willing to risk her heart again.
From the beginning I really enjoyed these two characters. Ryder with his great sense of humor. Zoey with all her rules and quirks. The interesting dynamics with family and friends. And of course Jitters the cat. It all made for a great story. I enjoyed it from beginning to end and can't wait to see what comes next. These are characters I am officially invested in and look forward to visiting with them again.
$50 Sephora Gift Card
About the Author
Jennifer Blackwood is an English teacher and contemporary romance author. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. When she isn't writing or teaching, she's binging on Veronica Mars episodes and white cheddar popcorn.
Connect with Jennifer
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJenniferBlackwood
Facebook Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1541291366201625/
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8532549.Jennifer_Blackwood?from_search=true
Goodreads Reader Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/186113-jennifer-blackwood-books
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Blackwood/e/B00OPXL0VG/ref=la_B00OPXL0VG_ntt_srch_lnk_2?qid=1481596906&sr=1-2