Sunday, January 29, 2017

Shy's Review ~ Bet Me by Lila Monroe

Bet MeBet Me by Lila Monroe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
This was such a light and funny yet highly enjoyable story. In it I was introduced to Lizzie and Jake. These two meet one night in the midst of heartbreak, but their reactions are polar opposites.

Fast forward a bit and they are brought together again for work purposes, but while the spark they had from the beginning is still there, they are both determined to fight it.

Jake doesn't believe in love or romance, and Lizzie is tired of settling for anything less. When Lizzie posts a video swearing off sex until men step up and begin bringing more to the table regarding relationships, it sets off a hilarious and entertaining chain of events.

Over the course of the story, they have to deal with overzealous suitors, illness, misunderstandings and their own desire for each other.

I really liked Lizzie. She was a good woman who was hurt by a man she loved and then went through many bad dates afterwards which led to her video post. I absolutely understood her frustration after everything she went through. I found myself rooting for her the whole time in hopes she would find her happy ending.

Jake was one of those guys that I slowly fell for. I think if maybe I had gotten more of his history and what lead to his pessimism towards love, I would have fallen for him faster. But in the end I loved his gentle and caring side. I loved the heart I saw.

Overall I took pleasure in reading this story and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice and steamy romantic comedy to get wrapped up in.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment